Sunday 22 September 2013

/38/ Alex

IMG_0642

So, this was the week. The Week. The week of my move to Berlin. It was hectic, full of important phone calls and trips to town for last minute shopping, and a day trip to London to see a friend, and finally a delicious curry with my parents. It was a plane journey, a confusing taxi ride where I got the taxi driver lost, and then all of a sudden it was me alone on the Alexanderplatz, looking up at the Fernsehturm, and knowing I had really arrived.

Das war jetzt also die Woche. Die Woche. Die Woche meines Umzugs nach Berlin. Sie war hektisch, voller wichtigen Telefongesprächen und Einkäufe, einem Ausflug nach London, um einen Freund zu sehen, und ganz am Ende ein Kurry mit meinen Eltern. Es gab eine Flugreise und eine verwirrende Taxifahrt, wo wir uns verfahren haben, und dann stand ich ganz auf einmal alleine auf dem Alexanderplatz, schaute hinauf auf den Fernsehturm, und wusste, dass ich jetzt wirklich da war.

IMG_0644 IMG_0645IMG_0646

P.S. And then I went to the Gendarmenmarkt, which is actually more my cup of tea.

P.S. Und dann ging ich zum Gendarmenmarkt, der eigentlich eher mein Ding ist.

signature

2 comments:

  1. Oh man. Alex is such a huge disappointment. I avoided it whenever possible. I am SO coming to visit you, hopefully this side of Christmas. I need to see a lot of theatre ya know! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that'd be great :) let's coordinate!

    ReplyDelete

Any comments?